Reviews and thoughts of books I've read

29.1.05

Tales from the secret annex - Anne Frank


I think this book was given to me for Christmas one year by my mother. I have finally decided to read it. It seems an appropriate time near to the 60th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz.

This book is in two parts. The first is fables and short stories and the second is personal reminiscences and essays.

I personally preferred the second part of the book because I'm not a big fan of short stories. However I found all of Anne Frank's writing to be positive and insightful. I kept a diary from the age of eleven and I doubt that my writing from the age of thirteen could be compared even closely to Anne's. Yes the stories are childish in topic (children, fairies etc) but the themes are relevant to everyone.

Bookcrossing journal - wild released

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home