Reviews and thoughts of books I've read

28.1.05

Wideacre - Philippa Gregory


I found this book difficult to get into at first, but after about 70 pages I was gripped. But then suddenly about half way through the book I realised I didn’t like the main character Beatrice Lacey and really didn’t care about what happened to her or the Wideacre estate that she was so concerned with so I stopped.

I sympathised with her situation, a woman who loves her home but which she can never own because it is entailed, but I can’t understand her choice of actions and the more extreme they were the more I disliked her. I was hopeful at the arrival of Dr MacAndrew who seemed to be a ‘normal’ with no extremes personality characteristics but that didn’t last long.

I am disappointed with this book because I really enjoyed ‘The other Boleyn girl’ and hoped that this would be a similar style. If I came across another Philippa Gregory book I think I would be willing to read them, but only if they were not part of this trilogy.

Bookcrossing journal - passed to friend

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?

5:46 PM, August 01, 2010

 

Post a Comment

<< Home