Reviews and thoughts of books I've read

26.1.05

The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency - Alexander McCall Smith



I did enjoy this book, but to be honest if I had lost the book mid-read I probably wouldn’t have bothered to buy it again.

The style of the book is one that I would usually not like. It jumps from topic to topic and apart from seeing if Precious Ramotswe’s detective agency survives there isn’t much of a main theme to the book; although there is a nice ending. However the style of writing is so pleasant that it almost felt that I was being told a story, instead of reading one, where the storyteller tells you a key fact first and then realises you don’t know the background so does a bit of backtracking. The different mysteries all fit together well and the characters are so well written that although most of them are only around for a short period the book doesn’t feel disjointed.

Bookcrossing journal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home