Reviews and thoughts of books I've read

15.1.05

Deception on his mind - Elizabeth George

This is my review for this book, which for some reason Amazon won't accept and is the reason I decided to set up my own site to store my reviews.



I found myself first interested in Elizabeth George's books after watching the Inspector Lyndley Mysteries on TV. I have found the books I've read as enjoyable as the series if not more so because the books contain so much more detail.

In this book the characters are really well written and you can imagine the community of the run down seaside town where racial tensions are high. There are also the interactions between Barbara Havers and the police woman in charge of the murder investigation DCI Emily Barlow. Emily is a sort of role model to Barbara, but working with her isn't what Barabara expected, and certainly isn't like working with Inspector Lynley.

I know that this is part of a series of book, but I read them when I come across them; infrequently and in any order. Therefore I am disappointed in this book because I feel it wasn't finished properly. I want to know what is going to happen to Barbara Havers, but I guess that is part of the story of Book 10.

Bookcrossing Journal - wild released

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home