Reviews and thoughts of books I've read

19.3.05

The Dragon Prince - Melanie Rawn



Rohan becomes prince of the desert earlier than expected when a dragon kills his father. No one is sure how he will do as he so different to his father, quiet and studious instead of loud and physical. The three yearly trading meet is approaching and Rohan knows the pressure is on him to select a bride there. His Aunt has selected one of her sunrunners (can communicate by weaving the light from the sun and moon) while the High Prince has many daughters he is offering.

This is a very enjoyable read and although it’s not the best fantasy book I have read I finished the book in three days and I’m keen to read the rest of the series. The book appears to be in two parts; the first is about Rohan becoming prince and selecting a wife (more complex and political than it sounds) and then there is a gap of a few years and the story continues with the repercussions of Rohan choice. I would have been happier with the book if it had finished after the first part and the rest was in the next book in the series, I almost didn’t go back for the second part, but obviously it didn’t take me that long to get back into it.


Bookcrossing journal - controlled release (book ring)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home