Reviews and thoughts of books I've read

23.7.05

Hunting Unicorns - Bella Pollen



The two main characters are Rory and Maggie. Rory is the youngest son of the Earl and Countess of Bevan who is trying to help his parents keep their house. Maggie is an American journalist sent to Britain to research a documentary on the decline and fall of the upper classes.

The book is written in alternating first person. This is a style I don’t like, but it works here better than in most books as the story still flowed and didn’t feel too disjointed. However I still think it is odd to select one of the first person views to be from a dead character.

It is a pleasant book, which I managed to easily finish in two days. Although it is described as a romantic comedy I only found a few incidences of true comedy, most of seem to be based on fact or urban myths about the upper class. From the description of the book I was hoping for a stronger story and can’t help but feel disappointed.

Bookcrossing journal - available

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home